Arbor Hills in Talking Rock, GA
About Arbor Hills
Arbor Hills is a small, tightly-knit community that is located in Talking Rock, GA in between the towns of Ellijay and Jasper and at the foot of the Appalachian Mountains. Known as a safe and quiet neighborhood, Arbor Hills is focused on providing comfort and security with an active homeowner’s association that contributes to a number of community services, including social gatherings and a crime watch, making the area a fantastic place to raise a family. There are some great amenities for residents to take advantage of as well, including the Arbor Hills swimming pool, a club house and a tennis court.
Although the town of Talking Rock is quite small – in fact, it has the distinction of being the third smallest town in Georgia – the location is incredibly convenient. Residents are within short driving distances to a number of major metropolitan areas. Residents can take the I-575, the I-5, the I-515, the I-75 or the GA 400 in order to reach Atlanta or Chattanooga, TN to name some of the larger nearby cities.
Who Lives in Arbor Hills
The Arbor Hills community consists mainly of those who are raising families, which makes sense considering the safety and security of the neighborhood, the peace and quiet of the area and the excellent school system. Small town life is often seen as an attractive way to raise kids as well. Arbor Hills is also perfect for those who work in the city, since they don’t have to sacrifice a short commute for the perfect location to raise their family as Atlanta is only an hour drive away.
Real Estate in Arbor Hills
Considering the family focus of the neighborhood, it should come as no surprise that the majority of the real estate available in Arbor Hills consists of single-family homes in suburban areas. There are a lot of options available when it comes to the size of the homes, with everything from 2-bedroom and 1-bath to 5-bedroom and 4-bath homes available. The majority of the homes were built in the last decade and a half, which means you can expect similar contemporary building styles and floor layouts.
Highly Rated Schools around Talking Rock
- Pickens County Middle School | Grades 6-8
- Hill City Elementary School | Grades PK-5
- Jasper Middle School | Grades 6-8
- Pickens County High School | Grades 9-12
There are a few higher education options nearby as well, including an Appalachian Campus of the Chattahoochee Technical College. Other nearby universities include Reinhardt University, North Georgia College & State University, ITT Technical Institute Kennesaw and Kennesaw State University.
Where to Indulge
Considering the size of Talking Rock, don’t expect to find too much around town, although there are several small shops to check out. However, there are plenty of things to do in the surrounding area, especially if you’re looking for activities that the entire family can enjoy. The following are some great family-friendly places that you should be sure to visit:
- The Talking Rock Town Park – This beautiful little park is located right in town and boasts a new pavilion, a playground, restrooms and plenty of space and is a beautiful place to bring the kids for a picnic.
- The Kernel Kob Corn Maze – This huge maze is carved from huge corn stalks and trying to make your way from one end to the other is an incredibly fun and challenging experience. Be sure to check their special haunted maze every October as well. In addition to allowing pets (as long as they are kept on leashes), this area is great for family picnics as well.
- The GRHOF Thunder Road Museum – If anyone in your family as an affinity for racing (and who in the South doesn’t?), then be sure to check out the Georgia Racing Hall of Fame. This museum is a great way to learn all about Georgia’s rich racing heritage, such as how stock car racing evolved out of the moonshine distribution business and more.
- The Cherokee Valley Ranch – The Cherokee Valley Ranch is chock-full of fun family activities, including horseback riding, zip lines, downhill dry snow tubing, hay rides and more. Every summer they also hold a summer horse camp for the kids where they can learn basic horsemanship skills as well as improve their riding skills.
- The Tellus Northwest Georgia Science Museum – For a fun and educational day out, hit up the Northwest Georgia Science Museum in nearby Cartersville in order to explore the many fossils, minerals, transportation technology and more that are on display. The science museum also boasts the only fully digital planetarium regularly open to the public in North Georgia.
- The North Georgia Mountains – One of the great things about living so close to the North Georgia Mountains is that if you happen to be an outdoor enthusiast, then you’ll never run out of things to do! Take the whole family on nature walks through the hundreds of different trails around the mountains, go for a swim in one of the lakes, go on a picnic or simply drive along the mountains in order to enjoy their scenic beauty.
- The Alley Bowling Fun Center – Located in Ellijay, the Alley Bowling Fun Center is practically at your doorstep. Here you and your kids will be able to take part in a full arcade, laser tag, dancing, bowling, a jump house and slide and more. Adults will even be able to take advantage of the adult arcade and the bar while their kids play!
Why Move to Arbor Hills
If you are looking for a place that is suitable to raise your family, then you absolutely can’t go wrong with Arbor Hills. Not only is the community focused on family-friendly life, which is inherent in the safe and quiet neighborhood itself, but its also located nearby a ton of family-friendly amenities to enjoy.