Legacy Park in Kennesaw, GA
About Legacy Park
Legacy Park is located just a few miles from I-75 in Kennesaw, GA. Comfortable living with resort-style amenities and features set this master-planned community apart from all the others. Featuring five pools, tennis courts, basketball courts, miles of lighted park trails, a band stand, picnic groves, children’s play areas, and an amphitheater, there’s plenty to keep everyone active and busy all year long.
The entire community is centered around a large nature area and Town Green that includes a nature preserve and wildlife sanctuary, a stream that feeds to beautiful Lake Legacy, and acres of space to explore and relax in undisturbed nature.
Who Lives in Legacy Park
The people of Legacy Park are fun and active people. They work hard to give their families the very best of everything and enjoy coming home to a place that has everything within reach. Legacy Park neighbors are active and love to get together with the community for a little fun and exercise. The full-time activities director makes sure that there’s something for everyone to do all year long. The adult soccer league, competitive kids swim team, and community tennis league are just a few of the sports the community plays together. Community activities include weekly story time for the kids, family camp outs in the commons, an Easter egg hunt, a Memorial Day pool party, Cinema Saturdays at the amphitheater, Oktoberfest, Halloween Fright Night, breakfast with Santa, and much more. There is even a clubhouse with a banquet hall for hosting special events.
Unstructured activities are limitless in Legacy Park from pickup games of basketball to family cookouts in the spacious backyards and finished patios and decks. Kids are free to ride their bikes and explore the nature preserve while adults gather to relax after a long day’s work.
Real Estate in Legacy Park
Legacy Park has several subdivisions to accommodate every buyer. The Highcroft neighborhood has smaller, ranch-style homes that make great choices for first-time home buyers. The Kennesaw neighborhood features larger homes, many with 4 and 5 bedrooms on large lots and luxury finishes throughout.
The Palisades neighborhood in Legacy Park features the most spacious, luxurious homes in the neighborhood. Homes with as many as 7 bedrooms are available and most have features such as expansive California closets, upgraded light fixtures, custom kitchen appliances, hardwood throughout the home, luxurious master suites with spa-like bathrooms, finished basements, and outdoor entertainment areas with wet bars and immaculate landscaping.
No matter which home or which neighborhood you choose, each home in Legacy Park was designed and built with comfort, quality, and luxury as the main priorities. The layout of the neighborhood was designed with every type of family in mind as some homes are situated close to the parks and recreational areas for convenience, while others are nestled quietly into the trees for privacy and peacefulness.
Highly Rated Schools Around Legacy Park
- Kennesaw Elementary School | Grades PK-2
- Big Shanty Intermediate School | Grades 3-5
- Awtrey Middle School | Grades 6-8
- North Cobb High School | Grades 9-12
Where to Indulge
Just on the other side of I-75 is the Wade Green Crossing shopping center. Stop into the Prestige Salon for a new look or drop by the Good Dog Co. and pick up some specialty gourmet treats for your furry friends. For more shopping locations, visit the Town Center at Cobb Mall in Kennesaw or spend the day at the many destinations in Atlanta like Lenox Square.
Because Atlanta is a short 35 minutes from Legacy Park, all the entertainment and cultural destinations are just a short trip away. Enjoy performing arts at the Fox Theatre, Atlanta Braves baseball at Turner Field, or take the family for an exciting day out at Six Flags Over Georgia.
Closer to home, there are plenty of places to grab a bite nearby. Some local favorites include
- Hamada Japanese Grill & SushiEnjoy impeccable sushi and authentic Japanese cuisine served in handmade stoneware pottery created by local artisan and former owner David Cheng. Daily specials keep the menu fresh and the takeout menu is perfect for busy days on the go.
- Trackside GrillLocated in beautiful, historic downtown Kennesaw, Trackside offers a unique combination of casual, yet upscale cuisine in a dining room adorned with railroad memorabilia that adds a nostalgic touch. Stop in for lunch and dinner Monday through Saturday or brunch on Sunday.
- Ruth’s Chris Steak HouseFeaturing custom-aged steaks and legendary hospitality, Ruth’s is the perfect place for date night or special occasions. Everyone knows that Ruth’s has the best steak in town, but regulars know that their chicken dishes and potato sides are good enough to come back for again and again.
- Elevation Chophouse and SkybarCome for the infamous Nitrogen Martini and stay for the views of the small planes taking off and landing at McCollum Field. Regulars love the perfectly plated shrimp and the grilled salmon for dinner and the homemade blue cheese chips for an appetizer or light snack.
Why Move to Legacy Park?
Located less than 30 miles from Atlanta and 11 miles from Marietta, commuting from Legacy Park is a breeze. Every detail has been planned to perfectly meet your needs here, from lighted park paths to festive evenings at the amphitheater. Every single home in the neighborhood is a masterpiece, and kids are free to run and play. Come to Legacy Park, where every day is like living in a friendly resort with all the comforts of home.